Powder Blue Productions

Friday, February 27, 2009

Gym Etiquette


http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/02/03/gym.etiquette/index.html




As an avid gym rat and a fitness instructor I found this article to be very pertinent to my everyday life. Etiquette is very important no matter where you go and every environment has its own set of rules. As a member of Gold's Gym I would have to say that I haven't noticed the problems being too bad on my day to day gym experiences. They always have disinfectant bottles and paper towels available to wipe up after you're done. In the spin classes they even have the instructors ask you to wipe your bikes down after class is over.
The key points i got from this article are to wipe up your sweat when you are finished, it's not only the right thing to do so that the next person doesn't have to sit in your bodily fluids but it's more hygienic and reduces the risks of injury while using the equipment. Moving away from the sweat part of the problems there is also the noise to consider. Turning the TVs up super loud or blasting your ipod can be distracting for the gym goers and also the staff.
My favorite place in the whole wide world is the gym, it's my sanctuary for when I'm having a bad day, my playground for when i want to have some fun and get good and sweaty. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way even if you think I may be a bit off my rocker. Just remember while you are into your workout to be courteous to others so that everyone can enjoy all the options the gym has to offer.

1 comment:

  1. my favorite place is the gym to. and when im stressed out its even better.


    ps. i love the pic of the kitty, so cutee :)

    ReplyDelete


Les Mills