Powder Blue Productions

Saturday, March 21, 2009

ZUMBA!!!!



www.zumba.com



welcome to the world of Zumba. This group exercise class has become more and more popular in health clubs all around the world. The general idea of the class is for the participant to feel as if they have traveled the world in the 50 minute class period. Zumba combines popular dance moves from around the world like salsa, hip hop, bellydancing, and many others. The music is fun, upbeat, and energetic making it a great cardio workout.

So, I have decided to jump on the bandwagon and become certified in Zumba. I am excited to report that i have registered for training and certification on May 30th and I am eagerly awaiting training day. The best part of teaching group exercise, besides helping people reach their goals and showing them a good time is the training day(s). There is nothing more fun to me then the idea of 9 hours of training!! ( No, I'm not being sarcastic). To me this is the best time, during training you learn the internal workings of successful workout plans and how to break them down and teach them. You learn the choreography, the music, and the cues and names of the moves. I get to be as enthusiastic and excited as I always am when teaching but, I find it even more fun to do it with people who are as into it as I am.

Zumba is offered at all the Gold's gyms that I work at, and it is popping up at more and more clubs around the world. So, if Zumba sounds like something you'd like to try check out your gym. AND even better Zumba is now being offered at our very own wellness center so try it out.

Like i tell everyone who is new to a group exercise class, don't get frusturated and give up. Your body is learning, building muscle memory, so give it some slack. The best part about group exercise classes is that it's geared towards all levels of fitness and even if you don't get the moves, as long as you keep moving and have fun then you'll burn a TON of calories.

6 comments:

  1. I had herd of Zumba being offered at the gym that I go to but never knew what it was, now after reading your bog I definitely think I am going to check it out. I am an avid running but I am also always looking for fun things to do to mix up my cardio workout and this looks like a fun way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jen's comment, I always heard about Zumba but never knew what it was besides for the fact that it was really fun and intense. After reading your blog and getting and idea for what Zumba is, I think I am going to have to look into taking some classes because I think it would be really fun! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just competed in a pageant yesterday where the woman who directed it was talking about how one of the contestants who belly danced would be good at teaching Zumba. This was the first time I heard about this group exercise class and then I read your blog. Sounds really different and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to try a Zumba class ever since last summer when one of my best friends tried one and LOVED it! Finally, a couple weeks ago one of my other classes brought in an instructor and we did it as a class! It really was everything that it was talked up to be and I would really encourange people to try this type of exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooo i love to take zumba class and I have the DVD collection at home it is a fun class and you can learn many culture dances and excersices just doing it. Try it, your gonna love it! Good post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have done zumba before and i loved it. I felt a little awkward with other guys in the class but i was able to show off my dance moves. The instructor i had, made things really fun. This is deffinately a good cardio workout and i also learned some new dances. I would deffinately recommend this to others.

    ReplyDelete


Les Mills